We want to reduce our impact on the environment. To achieve this, we focus on our own activities and our impact in the value chain.
Our goal is to reduce carbon emissions by 25% by 2025 (base year 2022) and be net-zero by 2050. In line with the Paris Agreement, the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol and the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), we want to drastically reduce our CO2 emissions. The following objectives and investments will help us achieve this:
- Reduce our energy consumption by 20%.
- Realize 100% green electricity for Heras sites.
- Select only electric or hybrid vehicles as company cars (start in the Netherlands).
- Build future-proof, more energy-efficient plants.
- Reduce our gas consumption by optimizing our coating line.
You can find more details on our (carbon) impact and improvement plans in our sustainability report. The report also gives a clear indication of our progress.
More than 95% of our impact is in our value chain. We work together with our partners in the value chain, to reduce emissions and achieve a circular economy. Our target is to reduce our emissions by 2.5% each year. Examples of how we are actively contributing to reduce our impact:
- Long product lifespans due to the high quality of our solutions.
- We only buy what we use to build our solutions. Our processes are designed to minimize waste.
- We separate and recycle our waste as much as possible. Our goal is to reduce our waste by 15% and to improve the circularity rate by 15% by 2025.
- We innovate and invest in a future-proof plant, in which processes are optimized and material waste is reduced even further.
- By offering service and maintenance, we maximize the lifespan of our solutions.
- By offering a modular design, so it is more easy to repair and change when necessary.
- Our twist and stent technique uses less energy and emits less CO2 than regular techniques.
- Our Grence fences (pre-galvanised), S-gate (semi-modular) and Delta gate (modular).
- We created a Noise Control Barrier.