Field Sales Engineer
Job: Field Sales Engineer
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Heras Site
We are currently searching for a Field Sales Engineer to join Heras.
This role involves managing projects both remotely from home or Heras offices, as well as frequent visits to customer sites. A large amount of driving will be required, and this may involve occasional overnight stays as well as the requirement to visit sites at short notice to ensure that we meet our promises made to customers. If you are looking for on the job training and development, within an ambitious industry leading brand then we would love to hear from you.
Starting in 1952 as a small family-owned fencing and gate company, Heras has grown into a leading European end-to-end supplier of perimeter protection solutions. We operate in 8 countries and employ over 350 people in the UK with a global headcount of more than 1100 experts.
We are committed to being a diverse international employer of choice by embracing diversity and attracting, rewarding, and developing exceptional talent. We are proud to say that approximately 50% of our UK employees have been with us for over 5 years.
- Produce and updating of electrical schematics, block cable diagrams using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical packages
- Development/Writing of software, including testing, verification and documentation plus management of PLC ladder based programs
- Visiting Heras customer sites as required, to assist with site commissioning of larger systems
- Carry out site surveys for new systems that are to be designed
- Collaborate with Heras mechanical and embedded engineers to address system requirements and implement improvements from a software controls perspective
- Develop a thorough product knowledge including detailed understanding of mechanical functions and existing controls software to provide effective solutions to field service issues. Plan and conduct product performance testing for existing and new products as required, including development of specific test software for the selected experimental methods and new products.
- Production of technical test procedures, FAT/CAT and inspection and test plans
- Qualification in a controls, electrical, electronic or software field (minimum of HNC level)
- IEE 18th Edition Qualified
- Possess a logical approach to determine and address the root cause of problems
- Conversant with PLC hardware / software, industrial control systems preferably using Mitsubishi FX3G PLC Control Units.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships
- Commercial/business awareness
- Professional confident manner.
- Positive attitude, open minded and team player
- Results driven
- Using, specifying and programming motor drives, preferably Schneider
- Programming PLCs using ladder logic, list instructions, block logic and macros
- Gray code conversion from individual bits (generally 8 bits) to decimal numbers for use within a PLC program. Experience of encoders both incremental and absolute
- Hydraulic power units, including specifying motor size, number of poles and pump cc/rev. CETOP Valves and over-center (counter balance) valves
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point; to produce Operation & Maintenance documents and training material
- Location of work: Doncaster or Middleton
- Salary: 23-25K
- Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30)
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
We will be doing initial CV screening where successful candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone chat so that we can talk through your CV, your career ambitions, and why you would like to work for us.
If successful at this stage you will be invited for a face to face interview; details which will be provided to you.
If you would like to embark on a career with us and join the Heras family we would love to hear from you.
Send your application to email@example.com